GoalThe Intercollegiate Athletics Cheerleading Team supports the Cal State Northridge primary mission of education, research and public service. Northridge's Department of Intercollegiate Athletics measures success by how the program contributes to the overall development of both male and female athletes as students and as good citizens.
ObjectivesEngage in variety of public service projects. Provide leadership opportunities to diverse audiences. Maintain a unified and respected cheer program, which is recognized locally and nationally. Implementing a physical fitness program, competing on a national level.
- To lead the crowd in cheers; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics.
- To perform gymnastics, partner stunts, motions, pyramids, dance movements.
- To serve as public relations ambassadors at university activities, functions, programs, charitable and public events
- The primary purpose of a cheerleader is to be a member of the team that supports the intercollegiate athletics and Cal State Northridge
- To lead the cheers; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics.
- To lead in positive vocal support for the team.
- To solicit that support from Northridge fans and to project that support to the University and its teams.
- To participate in the athletic activity known as Cheerleading by performing gymnastic, partner stunts, motions, pyramids, dance movements.
- To perfect this athletic activity for keeping the crowd attention/direction focused on the field/floor where the intercollegiate activity is taking place, and for entertainment and competitive purposes; and
- To serve as public relations ambassadors of intercollegiate athletics and the University
- To uphold, reflect and project the goals and ideals of the University.
- To appear at University activities, functions and programs, at charitable and public causes to promote intercollegiate athletics and the University.
- All students selected to the squad must maintain a full-time student status (Undergraduate: 12 units, Graduate: 6 units) during Spring and Fall semesters.
Student-AthletesFitness and conditioning is mandated throughout the year. This will assist in limiting accidents and injuries. Attend all mandatory practices, camps, competitions and basketball games (men's and women's)
In all matters and policies concerning cheer at Cal State Northridge, it is required for each team member to execute good citizenship and sportsmanship while representing CSUN. The student and athlete code of conduct will be enforced at all times.
CSUN representative and team members will conduct themselves in a proper manner (no violence, alcohol, drugs, narcotics, etc), and in accordance with all NCAA, Big West Conference and University rules and regulations. Scholarships are not offered at this time.